Eddie Clamp

Eddie Clamp

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Edwin (Eddie) Clamp was born in Coalville on 14th September, 1934. A talented footballer, he played for England Schoolboys at Wembley and scored a spectacular long-distanced goal. In April 1952 he was signed by Stan Cullis, the manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers in April 1952.

Clamp made his debut in the 1953-54 season but it was not until the 1955-56 season that he became a regular in the side. He joined a team that included Peter Broadbent, Eddie Clamp, Ron Flowers, Harry Hooper, Johnny Hancocks, Jimmy Mullen, Roy Pritchard, Bill Shorthouse, Bill Slater, Roy Swinbourne, Dennis Wilshaw, Billy Wright, Bert Williams, Bobby Mason, Norman Deeley, Eddie Stuart and Jimmy Murray.

Wolves won the League Championship in 1957-58 by 5 points from Preston North End. The club scored an amazing 103 league goals that season. Jimmy Murray was the club's leading scorer with 32 goals in 45 games. Clamp, an attacking wing-half scored 10 goals in 41 games. According to Ivan Ponting, "his strength, stamina and all-round efficiency were an important factor in the club's championship triumph".

Clamp won his first international cap for England against the Soviet Union on 18th May 1958. The game ended in a 1-1 draw. He retained his place for the games against the Soviet Union (2-2), Brazil (0-0) and Austria (2-2). He was replaced in the side by Ronnie Clayton of Blackburn Rovers.

Wolves also won the title in the 1958-59 season with 28 wins in 42 games. Once again the forwards were in great form scoring 110 goals. This was seven more than Manchester United and 22 more than third placed Arsenal. Clamp only scored 3 goals that season.

In the 1959-60 season the club was beaten into second placed by Burnley. Once again Wolves were the top scorers in the league with 106 goals. This was 21 more than the champions who won the title by only one point. Clamp managed to score 8 goals in 38 games. He was also a member of the team that beat Blackburn Rovers 3-0 in the 1960 FA Cup final.

In November 1961 Clamp was transferred to Arsenal for a fee of £30,000. However, Clamp was not a success at his new club and after only playing 22 games he was sold to Stoke City for £15,000 in the Second Division. He joined up with Stanley Matthews and in his first season helped the club to win promotion to the First Division.

In October 1964 he moved to Peterborough United. He only played eight games for his new club before moving to play non-league football for Worcester City. After retiring from football Clamp ran a building and decorating business in Wednesfield.

Eddie Clamp died on 10th November 1995.

Having won international honours as a schoolboy, Clamp turned professional with Wolves in 1952, then developed rapidly under the aegis of Molineux's martinet manager, Stan Cullis. He made his senior debut as a 19-year-old wing-half, against Matt Busby's Manchester United at Old Trafford, as Wolves were closing in on the First Division title in the spring of 1954. And although he did not play enough games to earn a medal that season, there was to be no shortage of honours coming Clamp's way.

By 1955-56 he was a regular member of Cullis's all-action, but undeniably skilful team - a hard man in a hard side - and two years later his strength, stamina and all-round efficiency were an important factor in the club's championship triumph.

Clamp was rewarded by a full international call-up on the eve of the 1958 World Cup finals in Sweden, and he formed an all-Wolves half-back line with Billy Wright and Bill Slater. He performed creditably in four consecutive games for his country, all of which were drawn, but widespread disappointment at England's generally sketchy showing in the game's premier tournament cost him his place - which went to the more stylish Ronnie Clayton of Blackburn Rovers - and Clamp was shunted permanently from the international stage at the age of 23.

He continued to prosper at club level, though, helping Wolves to lift a second successive title in 1959 and missing out on a hat-trick when Burnley pipped them by a single point in 1960. That term, however, there was heady consolation in the FA Cup, with Wolves defeating Blackburn 3-0 at Wembley. Sadly, it was a scrappy encounter, labelled the "dustbin final" in the Midlands press, a criticism which rankled with Clamp for the rest of his life.

Athletic career

Eddie Clamp's career as a professional footballer was marked by his early appearances in the youth teams of Leicestershire and England and so he signed his first contract with first division side Wolverhampton Wanderers in 1952 after joining the club three years earlier as an amateur. He quickly developed into a promising talent under the strict regiment of trainer Stan Cullis and made his first two league appearances late in the 1953/54 season - his debut took place on March 6, 1954 at Old Trafford against the "Busby Babes" from Manchester United held and ended in a 1-0 loss. In the end, the "Wolves" won the English title Clamp, on the other hand, was not yet allowed to wear his own master's medal due to the small number of games.

The "fighter and ball conqueror" celebrated his breakthrough after ten league games in the following season amid high-profile competition in the half positions ( Bill Slater , Ron Flowers and Billy Wright ) in the 1955/56 season . In an overall very physically oriented team, Clamp still stood out due to his physique. However, his skills were not limited to athletics and his ball and pass security as well as his flexibility in his own team were also appreciated. Two years later, Clamp won his first English championship and also found himself in the squad for the 1958 World Cup in Sweden. Shortly before the tournament, he made his debut in the English selection against the Soviet Union on May 18, 1958 , but remained without a win at 1-1 as well as immediately afterwards against the same opponent in the first group game, which ended 2-2. After two more World Cup games at the side of his teammates Wright and Slater, which also ended in a draw and resulted in the premature tournament from England, Clamp's national team career was over at the age of only 23, as the more technically gifted Ronnie Clayton from Blackburn would in future be over Rovers was preferred.

In the club, however, Clamps services remained in demand and together with his teammates he defended the English championship title in 1959 . He missed the "master triple" a year later as runner-up behind Burnley FC , but after winning the 3-0 final against Blackburn Rovers at Wembley , winning the FA Cup was a quick compensation. Another season followed without any significant success until Clamp accepted a new challenge in November 1961 and left the Wolves after 241 competitive games and 25 goals. With Johnny Kirkham there was also a replacement for Clamps position in Wolverhampton.

His new club was Arsenal FC in London and the £ 34,000 newcomer was supposed to give the primarily technical talented "Gunners" a more physical touch. The experiment quickly failed and Clamp only had 24 uses. What was particularly spicy was that after six months with Billy Wright, a former teammate from Wolverhampton had become Arsenal's coach and Clamps had pushed Clamps on to Stoke City for just 12,000 . Wright had not been able to come to terms with Clamps' aggressive style of play and particularly resented the tough foul on Charlie Aitken from Aston Villa . In Stoke-on-Trent Clamp played only in the second division from September 1962 , but was in a team with numerous old stars, including Stanley Matthews in particular . Together they were promoted to first class, before Clamp briefly moved to the third division at Peterborough United after a total of two years with the "Potters" . He let his active career end until 1969 outside of professional football at Worcester City and Lower Gornal.

From then on, Clamp did a civic job in Wednesfield , but remained loyal to his old Wolves at fundraising events for the "old men" games. He maintained his great bond until his death in 1995 and so was Clamp, whose mother washed the orange jerseys of the Wolverhampton Wanderers for many years while he was active, a frequent grandstand guest at the Molineux Stadium .

Forgotten Arsenal Heroes – The midfield Madman Eddie Clamp


Although Eddie’s time at The Arsenal was short, he made quite an impression on me.

Signed by George Swindin in November 1961 for £34,000 HE made his debut against Nottingham Forest on the 18th of that month.

It was Swindin’s last signing before Billy Wright took over and the two had played together in a strong League-winning Wolverhampton side, with Eddie playing more than 200 games for the Wanderers.

Despite having played together for so long, for some reason, Billy did not seem to like the no nonsense and tough tackling style of Eddie at The Arsenal and, just ten months into his Arsenal “career” he was sold to Stoke City for £35,000 – in those days, we did make a profit with transfers it seems.

In total he only played 22 games and scored 1 goal, but it was his style of play that took my breath away. I remember one game at Highbury, when I was standing at ground level in the west stand.

The ball went out for a throw in for us and Eddie came running over for the ball. I handed it to him and said “Come on Eddie, your one of us now” as most 16-year-old would…brash and demanding.

He looked at me, smiled and growled out loudly “Aye sonny boy” and took the throw in – I was so embarrassed, but also proud that he had acknowledged and spoken to me!! How pathetic it seems today.

His “playing style” consisted of intimidating, fouling, being a real hard man and completely running the rule over his opponents…let alone a spotty 16-year-old.

During his Stoke City playing days, he was described as being “mad” by his trainer, Frank Mountford and it is recorded as fact, that on more than one occasion, he would wait until the referee was out of sight, then would headbutt his opponent.

Another story involves Stanley Matthews and Ron “Chopper” Harris – it was after Chopper had poleaxed Sir Stanley and Eddie threatened Chopper in front of the ref.

The referee admonished Eddie who replied thus: “That’s the trouble with you referees. You don’t care which side wins!” Sir Stanley said in his autobiography that this was one of the greatest lines ever said on a football pitch.

When he retired in 1969, he ran a building and decorating business. His mother, Sarah, was the Wanderers laundry lady for over 30 years from the 1950’s and outlived Eddie by 11 years.

Despite his hard and madman image he was a very successful player, his stamina, strength and efficiency earning him a full England call up.

FA Youth Cup runners up 1953

League Champions Medal 1957-58 1958-59

Second Division Medal 1962-63

England Full International – 4 Appearances

It is worth noting that the Wolves side he played in, missed out on a hat trick of league wins by just one point in 1960 to Blackburn Rovers, who Wolves then thrashed them in the FA Cup final.

In summary, not many fans will remember him, and I have done this article in the hope it might stir some memories amongst the old fogie group within the “justarsenal” brigade.

Scientific Sizing

Eddie ® is available in four sizes - A, B, C, and D, which are capable of fitting about 99% of men. Sizing for Eddie is based on the girth (circumference) of your penis and frequency of ED symptoms. Resizes are included for free with all orders, so you're guaranteed the perfect fit.

Ready to find your perfect size?


Clamp joined Wolverhampton Wanderers in 1950, turning professional in April 1952, before breaking into the first team to make his debut on 6 March 1954, away at Manchester United. He made one further appearance that season as he club won their first league title. He later became an integral part of the first team and won League Championships in (1957–58 and 1958–59) and the 1960 FA Cup. He played over 200 matches for Wolves before signing for Arsenal for £34,000 in November 1961. The last signing made by George Swindin, he made his debut against Nottingham Forest on 18 November 1961 but stayed only ten months. His tough tackling style had failed to find favour with his former teammate, now Arsenal manager, Billy Wright, and so he was sold to Stoke City in September 1962 for £35,000. Β] Γ]

At Stoke, he won the Second Division title in 1962–63, playing alongside Stanley Matthews. Ώ] After Ron "Chopper" Harris had poleaxed Matthews in one game Clamp threatened Harris, only to be admonished by the referee, an angry Clamp said "Thats the trouble with you referees. You don't care which side wins!" Matthews said in his autobiography that this was one of the greatest lines ever said on a football pitch. Δ] He was described as 'mad' by Stoke trainer Frank Mountford and on more than one occasion he would headbutt an opponent whilst the referee's attention was diverted. Ώ] He played 28 times for the "Potters" in 1963–64 helping Stoke to reach the League Cup final. But with Clamp again suspended Stoke lost 4–3 over two legs. Ώ]

He finished his league career at Peterborough United, before dropping into the non-league with Worcester City and Lower Gornal. He retired from football in 1969 to run a building and decorating business in Wednesfield. Clamp also played four times for the England national football team, including three matches in the 1958 FIFA World Cup, after making his debut just before the tournament in a friendly draw in Russia on 18 May before 102,000 spectators. Β] Γ]

His mother, Sarah, was Wolverhampton Wanderers' laundry lady for some 30 years beginning in the 1950s before retiring in the 1980s. She outlived her son by 11 years, dying in November 2006 at the age of 94. Ε] Γ]

  • (en)Eddie Clamp – Transfermarkt
  • (en)Eddie Clamp – national-football-teams.com
  • (en)Eddie Clamp – FootballDatabase.eu
  • (en)Eddie Clamp – EU-Football.info

Dato: 17.01.2021 07:32:50 CET

Endringer: Alle bilder og de fleste designelementer som er relatert til disse, ble fjernet. Noen ikoner ble erstattet av FontAwesome-Icons. Noen maler ble fjernet (som "artikkel trenger utvidelse) eller tilordnet (som" hatnotes "). CSS-klasser ble enten fjernet eller harmonisert.
Wikipedia-spesifikke koblinger som ikke fører til en artikkel eller kategori (som "Røde lenker", "koblinger til redigeringssiden", "koblinger til portaler") ble fjernet. Hver ekstern lenke har et ekstra FontAwesome-Icon. Ved siden av noen små endringer i design, ble media-container, kart, navigasjonsbokser, talte versjoner og Geo-mikroformater fjernet.

Eddie Clamp - History

Ed Balsam-Clamp

Members section of The History of Parliament : British Political, Social & Local History (http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/research/members)

Items mentioned in / relevant to the conversation

On "Eurish": Michael Skapinker, "Europe speaks its own post-Brexit language", Financial Times (13 February 2018)

Brexit section of The University of Oxford Faculty of Law website (http://www.ox.ac.uk/news-and-events/oxford-and-brexit)

David Allen Green, Brexit : What Everyone Needs to Know, Oxford University Press (forthcoming, August 2018)

Betty Birner, "Is English Changing?", Linguistic Society of America

"When a foreign word or phrase becomes English [duplicate]", StackExchange.com

Special Thanks

Salisbury & District Chamber of Commerce & Industry (http://www.salisburychamber.co.uk/)


Podcast theme music, Chillout Me by Antony Raijekov from Jazz U compilation (CC BY-NC 2.5)

Eddie Clamp would have sorted 'im

My Uncle Arthur used to come home after a game, give me his Everton programme on a weekend when I was a nipper and used to visit them in Newton le Willows, and he&rsquod say he&rsquod just seen an angel play.

I only mention this because we&rsquove been so besotted with some of the performances we&rsquove seen so far this season from the likes of Eto&rsquoo, Sanchez and Fabregas and I feel I ought to mention that way back in the 50s and 60s, despite the mud and the thundering tackles, you could see players that were just as good and better than these galacticos, and they were Englishmen too playing for £20 a week.

I suspect too that the likes of Eto&rsquoo, Fabregas and Sanchez would have received short shrift from defenders with brylcreemed hair, enormous boots and baggy shorts, when tackles sent players six feet up in the air on a Saturday and they landed on a Sunday. Protection &ndash what was that? None came from referees unless it was outright assault.

I have this image in my head of a player called Eddie Clamp. He played for Wolves a team that played long-ball football then, battered other teams into submission and won titles. The name Clamp was more than apt. His job was to kick, destroy and protect the skilled players in his team and this he did like no-one else. Jimmy Mac tells the story that it was Clamp who finally ended his ploy of timewasting by the corner flag when he set off with a sliding tackle from 30 yards away and took Jimmy, ball and flag halfway up the terraces. It took Jimmy three days to straighten his legs out. The ball was never found.

Clamp had a wry sense of humour. Later in his career he played alongside Stanley Matthews for Stoke City and served as his &lsquominder&rsquo. But when the day came that a statue of Matthews was erected Clamp on seeing it was rather acerbic. &lsquoIt&rsquos perfect Stan,&rsquo he said. &lsquoIt&rsquos low enough for the pigeons not to crap on and high enough for the dogs not to piss on it.&rsquo

Eddie Clamp or our very own Gordon Harris versus Alexis Sanchez: now there&rsquos a thought.

And speaking of Gordon Harris, the Burnley Express sometime in &rsquo65 or &rsquo66, or thereabouts pictured him in the buff displaying all his bruises after a game at Newcastle. There wasn&rsquot an inch of his body not covered in welts, abrasions and purple splodges. It was not for the squeamish but it was tastefully done so that old ladies would not faint into their tea cups. It was a game so rough that every Burnley player was crocked by the end some of them so badly they had to be helped to walk, limp or hobble to the coach such was the ferocity and relentlessness of the Newcastle thuggery.

What a namby pamby game we watch these days, free kicks given for the merest nudge, and yet oddly enough all that wrestling and grappling in the penalty area at corners goes largely unpunished. He&rsquos a lucky man is Alexis Sanchez. Had Newcastle got their hands on him and their boots into him 50 years ago he&rsquod have gone home in an ambulance. And what did Roy Hartle say to Tommy Banks after Tommy had kicked Brian Pilkington from pillar to post at Burnden Park. &ldquoOi Tommy, when tha&rsquos finished with &lsquoim toss &lsquoim o&rsquoer &lsquoere and give me a turn.&rdquo

I sometimes think back to those days of yesteryear when I went with my father in the old Ford Prefect (3 gears) that chugged up the Cornholme Valley, past the Glen View Pub, to the Cliviger Gorge, up over past the Kettledrum and what was The Fighting Cocks, then down Pike Hill and Brunshaw to the ground when the floodlights towered above the streets. I remember sucking those Fishermens Friends lozenges that took the back of your throat off. You could get quite addicted to them. It was the picture of the fishing boat on the packet that conjured up all kinds of images of bravery and hardship. I can&rsquot remember when I last tasted one but you can still get them although that seems kind of ironic with North Sea fishermen kind of hard to find these days. An image of Tony Kay comes back as well in a game when he came with Sheffield Wednesday and kicked seven bells out of Jimmy Mac. The crowd was incensed especially at Kay&rsquos casual arrogance as after one savage tackle on Jimmy, as he then did a few keepie uppies a few feet away from Jimmy as he lay on the ground in receiving treatment.

There were things called Flying Saucers too, fruit flavoured sherbet in a wafer shell. Boy I used to love those. Black Jacks aniseed flavoured chewy black rectangles, turned your tongue black that you could show your friends. They were called Black Jacks because in the 20s they had a picture of a Golly on the wrapper. That was then changed because of the racist implications to a picture of a pirate. Now even the pirate has gone after complaints from National Union of Jolly Rogers. You get them now in a bland non-offensive wrapper. A treat was a bag of sherbet and dipping a liquorice stick into it and then chewing the flavoured end of the stick. There was a chip shop just 100 yards down the road from our house and once a week tea was a bowl of tomato soup filled with chips. It&rsquos a meal still to drool over but such things are forbidden to me now. Pathe News at the Olympia cinema kept us up to date with big football matches. Teddy Boys hit the streets, the word &lsquoteenager&rsquo was invented as Bill Haley and Rock and Roll invaded our lives. If I fell and cut a knee it was treated with iodine. Spoonfuls of cod liver oil was the cure-all, ice formed in thick layers inside the windows in winter, the Coop coal wagon pulled by great shire horses rumbled along the cobbles outside the house, and rag and bone men shouted up and down the street. The Billy Cotton Band Show on the radio, Journey to the Moon on Monday nights, playing Cowboys and Indians until it got dark and three-rail Hornby Dublo train sets and if the car was out of action it was a slow bus ride to Burnley on a packed green double decker with a conductor who doled out the tickets.

60 years later there&rsquos not a bus to be seen filled with supporters. They used to line up along by the cinema, sometimes a dozen of them. For the Hull City game there wasn&rsquot one Football Special. Most folk were agreed this was a must win game, a pivotal game, a game of huge significance. Win it and the season could continue with a degree of optimism. Lose it and it would be a clear sign that although not all was yet lost, it would be hugely disappointing and even the most optimistic of us would begin to wonder.

Somewhere in the jungle of clutter, lists, notebooks, files, ring binders, old annuals, programmes, things-that-must-not-be-thrown away and general detritus, in what I lovingly call the office, but Mrs T calls a mess, there is a list of all the players who started at Burnley as lads, were told they would never be good enough, and then went on to become established players, some of them great. Ian Rush was one according to legend. Steve Bruce was another. He remembers it fondly, from the day he arrived as an 11 year old having been spotted in Newcastle and then travelling over regularly. He signed as a schoolboy and trained until he was 15 when they told him that he wasn&rsquot big enough or strong enough. One thing he remembers is the 1974 Cup Final for which he got two tickets and was then horrified to find they were in the Burnley end. He chose Sean Dyche as his manager of the year last season and now he was back with Hull City, definitely bigger round the waist.

The crowd was the smallest of the season so far, not even 17,000, the away end not even half full. But the day was special, Remembrance Day, which this year has been so significant everywhere being the 100th anniversary of the start of the Great War. I&rsquom lucky enough to have seen the incredible sight of the poppies in the moat of the Tower of London on a day when you could walk around freely and take it all in.

At Turf Moor the black-covered programme, the mournful Last Post, the tributes and the silence were hugely moving. I imagine a few tears were shed. Down in the basement there&rsquos more of my clutter including old framed pictures that I&rsquove accumulated over the years. One is a huge blow-up sepia portrait of a young Great War soldier, jacketless, his khaki shirt casually unbuttoned, sitting on an upturned ammunition box with his rifle. It&rsquos a moment of calm, an hour or so of relaxation, a brief lull in the savagery a cigarette dangles from his lips, he looks at the camera, the trace of a smile shows on his face. I&rsquove no idea who he is and he was doubtless dead within 24 hours. I used to take it into school, show the kids and tell them stories about my Granddad Jim and it&rsquos been something I&rsquove never managed to throw away whenever I&rsquove had a clear-out. He was someone&rsquos son and husband and probably ended up blown or shot to pieces in the mud of no-mans-land. Somehow it doesn&rsquot seem right to dispose of it.

It was lump-in-the-throat-stuff when the Last Post was played and the flags were lowered whilst the sorrowful notes echoed round the stadium. The minute&rsquos silence was impeccable. The drenching rain had mercifully stopped. The black-covered commemorative programme was superb with its tributes to the 6 fallen ex-Burnley players, one of them Teddy Hodgson a member of the 1914 Cup winning team. But if the afternoon began with the haunting poignant echoes of the twin bugles then a fitting end would have been the Buddy Rich Big Band blasting out the Bugle Call Rag from tearful sadness to sheer joy, from a team that seemingly could not win, to one that at last deservedly got its just rewards. Google it and you&rsquoll see what I mean.

The team that had so far played its heart out for the scant reward of just four points when double that were merited, at last got its first win with Hull described as embarrassing by a hugely frustrated Steve Bruce who had seen his team outplayed and outfought. The pundits had already said that no team would want to be the one that gave Burnley its first victory. It was Hull who departed, tails between their legs.

It was only 1-0 but could have been more. Not for the first time Burnley dominated the first 45 minutes but the Hull goal led a charmed life with great saves, goalmouth scrambles, a hoof off the line, blocks and sundry other clearances. The crowd willed them on. The lowest crowd provided the biggest support, urging, cajoling, roaring, knowing that Hull were there for the taking. They sensed victory and so it came.

Just five minutes into the second half and a perfect Trippier cross found Ashley Barnes steaming in. His head did the rest and the net bulged. The roar filled the skies, a mixture of relief, exultation and belief sure that at last a win was coming, that somebody somewhere had decided that this would be Burnley&rsquos day.

Ings, set on a summer departure, was the instrument of torture that tormented Hull for 90 minutes. Barnes who started the game was the hammer that battered them. Shackell and Duff were immovable rocks and save for one wayward pass Duff might well have been man of the match. Trippier put in cross after cross. Every player ran his socks off. Such was their first half dominance it was 40 minutes before Hull had a first tame header on goal. Of course Hull put a bit more effort in during the final quarter but there was no way through the phalanx of defenders. Burnley rode the mini-storm the referee, having booked half the players on the pitch, blew the final whistle, missing his target of booking all of them. Mark Clattenburg: more like Mark Bookemburgh. The previous week he had been dropped from the refereeing programme for not following FA travel rules in order to attend an Ed Sheeran concert. Football humour is cruel and some had suggested that being sent to Burnley was further punishment.

If music was sprinkled throughout the afternoon, Brass Band and Rock Band in the Fanzone, Kieran Trippier&rsquos music choice of Ed Sheeran for his matchday playlist, the haunting, whispering refrains of the bugles then it all ended on the right note. A win, what a morale booster all is not lost.

More Anniversary Thoughts and Current Events

So we passed an amazingly poignant anniversary mark yesterday . . . Eddie collapsed Sunday night, January 8 th , last year. It’s frightening, sobering, and exhilarating to think back to that point and impossible to believe how much our life has changed in between. A bit eerie today as I was scrolling through some of my work emails and found the following to my manager which could compete for understatement of the year:

"FYI, Sarah and I had a scare last night as Eddie, our 3 year old, lost consciousness, stopped breathing, and we couldn't detect a heartbeat. Doctors think it may have been a seizure of some sort, but still need to run more tests. after the battery of CT, EKG, and blood test they ran last night.

"He came home with us in the middle of the night. after he had recovered and after tests they said there was nothing specific they could do if they admitted him. But we have to go back today and will probably need to talk to a neurologist.

"Bottom line, he's ok now, but I may be AWOL for a couple hours this morning as Sarah and I work out next steps."

Two things have been on my mind as we hit the one-year mark. First, everyone should seek out CPR training of some sort . . . even if just watching a few YouTube videos. Eddie suffered what is known as an Aborted Sudden Cardiac Death . . . aborted because we immediately went to work on him with chest compressions. He had no pulse and wasn’t breathing, and while I had never actually administered CPR, I had participated in several training sessions of one sort or another.

According to the American Heart Association, administering CPR immediately after onset of cardiac arrest can increase survival rates by 3x. Unfortunately, only 32% of cardiac arrest victims receive CPR and, even more sadly, only 8% of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside of a hospital survive. And if that isn’t enough reason to learn CPR, then consider the fact that four out of five cardiac arrest episodes occur at home . . . so the life you save will most likely be a child, spouse, parent, or friend.

On a related note, we’ve obviously thought a lot about potential opportunities to help drive awareness of Eddie’s medical condition, organ donation, patient advocacy, etc. If we’re going to be asked to pass through this kind of trial, it would be a shame not to do everything possible to help lighten the burden for others currently struggling through similar circumstances . . . or, looking forward, participate in efforts to minimize the suffering of future generations.

Well, for the past month-and-a-half, our high school freshman has been working twice a week at the University of Washington Medical Center Laboratory in Seattle. He has generously been allowed to participate in important stem cell studies at one of the most highly regarded regenerative medicine labs in the world. His sponsor, Dr. Charles Murry, is a leading researcher in the stem cell biology and regenerative medicine . . . basically looking for a way of helping the heart heal itself which would eventually make surgery and transplantation unnecessary.

If you’re interested in finding out more, your best bet is to ask him directly since Sarah and I are absolutely out of our depth. Have attached a few photos and video of the cells he has been feeding and growing in the lab . . . can you believe this? Yes, these cells are beating! They began life as fetal lung cells and have since been reprogrammed and are now functioning cardiomyocytes, or heart cells.

Eddie Clamp - History

The FRT-5 name designation is an extremely loose term used in what is essentially the modern “whale tail” “Original” Floyd Rose design you see today. The FRT-5 design was suggested by Eddie Van Halen to fix the FRT4’s issue of having its vertical fine tuners interfere with his playing style.

The original Floyd Rose FRT-5 design, although remaining virtually unchanged for 40 years, went through an incredible amount of specific detail changes from 1983-1985 while versions were being made from three different companies. This is because, for some unknown reason, Floyd Rose contracted out factory production from Fernandes Japan to Schaller Germany right around 1983 when Floyd Rose partnered with Kramer Guitars to make the most powerful guitar empire of the 1980s.

Yet, Fernandes Japan was also still under contract until 1985ish and actually made the very first prototype FRT-5s, along with their own production version of the FRT5 (called the FRT-7) to compete with the Schaller FRT-5. Furthermore, Floyd briefly contracted a USA company in 1983 to rush orders demanded for early Kramer Pacers until Schaller Germany could start production at their factory.

You see, this is already starting to get rather confusing. This becomes far easier to understand once you compare photos between the different companies making early versions of the FRT-5.

Eddie Clamp

Your Easy-access (EZA) account allows those in your organization to download content for the following uses:

  • Tests
  • Samples
  • Composites
  • Layouts
  • Rough cuts
  • Preliminary edits

It overrides the standard online composite license for still images and video on the Getty Images website. The EZA account is not a license. In order to finalize your project with the material you downloaded from your EZA account, you need to secure a license. Without a license, no further use can be made, such as:

  • focus group presentations
  • external presentations
  • final materials distributed inside your organization
  • any materials distributed outside your organization
  • any materials distributed to the public (such as advertising, marketing)

Because collections are continually updated, Getty Images cannot guarantee that any particular item will be available until time of licensing. Please carefully review any restrictions accompanying the Licensed Material on the Getty Images website, and contact your Getty Images representative if you have a question about them. Your EZA account will remain in place for a year. Your Getty Images representative will discuss a renewal with you.

By clicking the Download button, you accept the responsibility for using unreleased content (including obtaining any clearances required for your use) and agree to abide by any restrictions.

Watch the video: Wolves v Dynamo Moscow, 9th November 1955